Basic Set Up - Quick Start
The following steps are for programs who already have access to the e-mentoring platform and are looking for a basic configuration to get started quickly!
The basic configuration only allows for 1:1 matches and interactions. This is for a basic usage of the e-mentoring platform with no resources, courses (besides the platform orientation), discussions, events, announcements, and no group mentoring. Furthermore, with a basic configuration, mentor and mentees’ profiles will display the default MentorCity profile fields & sections with no customs fields. The basic usage resides in the ability for mentors and mentees to book and attend online mentoring meetings.
Each of the below steps contains a hyperlink to the topic training video.
1. Create your back up program administrators
2. Edit your organization’s profile:
- Add your brand colors
- Add or change your logo
- Choose the labels for the name and email address appearing on system generated emails
- Identify your preffered terminology for the role of mentors, mentees and the action of mentoring
- Define mentors/mentees’ permissions for events, resources, and discussion creation
4. Outline the mentoring agreement
8. Match mentors and mentees
9. Generate the “relationships report” regularly to track your mentoring match’s progress
Visual Process Map