Build Your Resource Centre
The Resources section is a place where mentors and mentees can find information that is useful to them. They can also organize and obtain materials that are of interest to them. Resources may be very varied, including training manuals, handbooks, reference books, directories, processes, games, videos etc...
The Resources section is more than just a collection of well-organized materials. Its goal is to share the information that it has with the public.
As you are building your resource center, ensure it contains a relevant and accessible collection of resource materials (based on the actual needs of users) as well as a range of information services.
Encourage mentors and mentees to use the resource center by adding a clickable announcement on their dasboard bringing them to the resources section.
Step 1 - Define Resources' Categories
Before program administrators can create resources for mentors and mentees they must define and create the resource' categories.
1.0 Click the “Admin” tab on the left-hand side of the platform.
1.1 Click the "Categories" tab under the "Customize" section on the right-hand side of the page.
1.2 Click the "Resources Types" tab on the right.
Add Resource Type as many time as required depending on how many types you need. In this example we will do 5 resource types.
1.4 Enter in those fields:
1) Position for the resources type which is basically the sequence in which this type appears.
2) A resource type (category).
3) The French translation for each resource category.
Update Resource Types to save the created resource types.
Step 2 - Build the Resource Centre
Once the resource types have been created, you can now add to your resource center.
2.0 Click on "Resources" on the main menu on the left.
2.1 Click on
2.2 Complete each fields as indicated below:
- Name: The title of the resource shared.
- Description: This is the resource itself or a description of the resource if it is attached as a file or if a link to an external resource is shared. There is only one font size and color offered in the description. However, it is possible for the program administrator to format it in Microsoft Word with a font and size of their choice and then cut and paste the new format in the description box.
- Link: To share a link to an external website.
- Resource: Click
Choose Fileto attached a file.
- End Time: Select an end date/time from the calendar only if you wish to make this resource available for a limited time.
- Image: Upload an image from your computer to add to this resource. This is optional but recommended. Please note that images will override the Resource Name. Therefore, similar to course images, ensure that the resource title is added to the image itself.
- Classification: Select a category for the new created resource (as thought in step 1).
- Select custom fields: If you created custom fields for users' profiles, you can make a resource available for users that have made a specific selection on the custom field. In the example above, the resource is to be made available only to users that selected "Football" in the "Favorite Sport" custom field. This feature is optional.
- For user type: Select the role for which the resource has been created. Only the roles selected will be able to view this resource.
Additional Information - Formatting the Body of the Description
Create Mentoring Resource to finalize.
2.4 The newly created resource now appears under the "Researches" category created earlier.