Build the Mentoring Agreement for Mentors & Mentees
- Modify the Mentoring Agreement
- Delete Questions from the Mentoring Agreement
- Add Questions to the Mentoring Agreement
- Training Video
The mentoring agreement is to be virtually "signed" by mentors and mentees as a piece of accountability. The mentoring agreement defines how the mentoring relationship is excepted to unfold. For instance, how long the mentoring relationship will last, how often will they virtually meet, how long their mentoring calls will last etc...
The mentoring agreement comes already built-in within the virtual mentoring platform; however, program administrators have the ability to change it to suit the needs of their program.
Modify the Mentoring Agreement
To update the mentoring agreement:
1. Click on the “Admin” tab on the left-hand side of the page.
2. Click on "Content" under the "Customize" section.
2.1 Then click on "Mentoring Agreement".
3. The following page will display the terms of the current built-in mentoring agreement. Each box contains one term that can be edited or deleted.
4. To modify an existing term:
4.1 Click within the question box on the left, use the backspace or delete key and re-write the term/question.
4.2 Do the same thing for answers. Note: there are two formats for answers:
- Multiple choice answers with one clickable selection: Insert a coma after each option. i.e. weekly, monthly, as needed.
- Free text: Leave the box blank to allow mentors and mentees to type.
4.3 Repeat steps 4.1 and 4.2 under the French translation question/answer boxes if applicable.
Delete Questions from the Mentoring Agreement
5. To completely delete terms/questions from the mentoring agreement, simply click the garbage can icon.
Add Questions to the Mentoring Agreement
6. To add new terms/questions to the mentoring agreement, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click
7. IMPORTANT: Make sure to click
SAVE QUESTIONS after completing all changes and additions.