The troubleshooting process provided below is a sample guide that Program Administrators can use to gather information from members in order to allow you to easily self-troubleshoot platform issues and/or escalate to Mentor Canada’s support team if needed.
- Organization name.
- Program name.
- Reporting an issue that occurred with:
- Myself (provide Program Administrator name & email address).
- Mentor/Mentee (provide member's name & email address).
- A Group (provide group's name).
- Both myself and mentor/mentee (provide all names & email addresses).
- Reporting member’s role (Administrator, Mentor, or Mentee).
- Brief description of the section in MentorCity where the issue occurred i.e.
- While attempting to book a meeting.
- During a meeting.
- While attempting to join a meeting.
- While attempting to find/make a match.
- While logging into the platform.
- Courses section.
- User profile.
- Relationship Message/Chat.
- What type of issue occurred? E.g., Audio, video, login error, missing course images, unresponsive button/link/function.
- Was an error message received? If yes, please attach a screenshot of the message.
- Detailed description of the issue explaining all steps taken prior to the error/issue.
For added clarity, a screen recording using Loom Screen Recorder can also be shared if visual guidance might aid with comprehension more effectively than providing a lengthy textual description of all the preceding steps.
- Through which medium was the platform accessed? e.g.: the Mobile App, desktop browser, mobile browser?
- Which web browser was used to access the platform? Safari/Chrome/Edge.
Note that these are the only accepted browsers on MentorCity.
- Which Operating System (OS) is in use? iOS, Android, macOS, Windows, Chromebook, etc.
- Are both systems (OS & browser) updated to the latest version?
- Please provide any additional information that could assist in resolving the issue, such as, your resolution attempts as Administrator, the frequency of issue reports, and additional supplementary files i.e. screenshots.